The Big Bang C-STEM Fair is a product of the Catholic Schools Center of Excellence and the University of St. Thomas C-STEM Lending library. This competition highlights amazing science exploration of our third- through eighth-grade students in the 79 Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, as well as acknowledge the Catholic scientists throughout the ages. Students compete via the scientific method or engineering process. Projects are accepted from all types of science, technology, engineering or math.
Applications will be open from February 1 - 28th, 2021
● Prizes! Winners in both age groups receive the following prizes:
○ 1st place – Family travel voucher to the Vatican Observatory in Arizona (valued at $2,500)
○ 2nd place – Family Sampler experience at Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center in Finland Minnesota
○ 3rd place – Family membership to the Minnesota Science Museum or Family Membership at the Works Museum for Engineering Fun
○ All finalists get a T-shirt!
○ All entrants will get their name in a drawing to win cool science prizes!
Students in grades 3-8 attending a Catholic elementary school in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. Students will compete in one of two age groups: grades 3-5 or 6-8. This portal is for grades 3-5.
For more information and links to the registration portal, visit:
How to enter
Talk to your science teacher and come up with a great idea. Go to https://www.catholicstem.org/bigbang for success tips and the rubric for judging. Must have a parent or guardian contact information with each student entry.
One entry per student.